Monday, March 23

Bento #74

I was in a super sianz mood yesterday. When PMS meets eve of school reopening, you get a FIERY MONSTER. Sigh. After so many years in the work force, I just couldn't escape from the curse of the pre-school-reopening syndrome.

The "sianz" feeling spilled over to today. The only time I didn't feel sian was when I was making the bentos and when my last lesson for the day ended.

Anyway, the terriyaki chicken was overcooked and it became very tough, sianz...

The hard boiled eggs were too small for the mould and it didn't turn out very nicely,sianz...

80% of my students had never heard of Sun Yet Sen, or Sun Zhongshan, or 孙中山... sianz.

I am about to catch a flu. I am having a runny nose for the whole day, sianz.....!!!!!

8 voices:

Joyce Long said...

Huh..never heard of him..then must ask them to visit his muesum in Spore..

Oh dear..try tod drink more warm water..and not to get a chill ya..

Anonymous said...

unbelievable! never heard of Sun Yat Sen?? Surely it can;t be 80% of the students? Its almost like they don;t know who Lee Kuan Yew is... o.O

Anonymous said...

OMG, really really? They don't know who he is? How can that even be possible?! They're JC students! Surely they'd have read about him in Sec 1 or 2 history? I'm really bad at China's history but at least I know Sun Yat Sen and Chiang Kai Shek from KMT. Are kids really this ignorant these days?

Jocelyn said...

How can there be? I heard of him when I'm in primary school... Even nvr read book on him but at least shld hv know him thru Taiwanese show/idol drama...

viv said...

hey hey friend.. cheer up!! as for your students... they will know who Sun Yat Sen is after your class!!

your bento still looks good!! so colourful!!

Aces Family said...

hi Angie,

"Things will only get better." Take good care and weekend is just a few more days away..haha.

cheers,
astee

Rachel said...

how can they not heard of him!! you are teaching in JC, isn't it?! That's really surprising!!

Angie said...

i am not kidding. REALLY, they hv NEVER heard of Sun Yat Sen. Some didnt even know who/ what are the "Jews". they thought i meant "JUICE". FAINT!!!!!