Monday, June 16

So, What Happened in School Today?

It wasn't really that long ago that I was still wondering when our little girl would attend school and this question would become part and parcel of our daily routine. Without realising it, we're here already. Wow....

The question just popped out of my mouth as I was chatting with Jae while preparing her for bedtime just now.

Me: So, what happened in school today? You wanna tell Papa?

Jae: 唱歌!跳舞!

Me: Wow, that's great! Did you guys go to the playground?

Jae: Yes! With friends! 很多朋友!

Me: 哇...很多朋友啊?那你最喜欢哪个朋友?

Jae: Marcus gor-gor.

Me: 噢, Marcus gor-gor huh.

Jae: 是。哭哭。

Me: 呃?Marcus gor-gor 哭哭还是媛媛哭哭?

Jae: Marcus gor-gor 哭哭。

Me: 哦。Marcus gor-gor 为什么哭哭呢?

Jae: 老师打

Me: 哎哟。为什么 Marcus gor-gor 会被老师打呢?

Jae: Marcus gor-gor 没有听老师的话。老师打屁股。

(At this point I had to work at stiffling a laugh)

Me: 那你有没有叫 Marcus gor-gor 不要哭啊?

Jae: 有!Gor-gor 不要哭!

Oh, I really do enjoy chatting with my little girl...:)

6 voices:

Lydia said...

Hi Clement,

Your JaeJae can really hold a conversation... I'm impressed.

If you continue to ask her about school every nite, rest assure that by next week it would be JaeJae telling you what she did in school spontanenously without even you prompting. That happened to my dd2 ;)

I think this is the beginning of a very healthy close relationship that you are building with Jae, when Jae becomes a teenager, she would still share with you what happen in school. So, YAY! for a good start :)

Anonymous said...

kids are really the best chatting partner, they don't have hidden meaning between words....I chat with my boys every night before they sleep...

Meekfreek said...

Errr...Marcus gor gor got his backside beaten?! Is that ok? Poor Marcus...

Clement said...

with regard to the disciplinary method, I'm not sure if that is ok with marcus's parents, but it certainly is ok with us - consistency between home and school practices.

as for the factual accuracy of the two-year-old's response i.e. whether marcus really got beaten on the backside, well frankly I wd take it with a heavy pinch of salt, until after verification with the teachers.

Aces Family said...

Hi Clement,

Indeed, sometimes, my son will tell me the same thing - his friend scold him or beat him. I will usually tell him that i will check wz Teacher, then he will cheekily said "no lah"... : )

Sometimes kids just love to tell "stories", so it's ok to listen but like what you said "pinch of salt."

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Wow! Jae can tell you what's happening in school! That's good :)

I think all of us do enjoy conversations with our little ones :)