Friday, June 6

Jaimie's First Movie Experience

We decided to bring the little one to enjoy her first movie experience today. Preparation began last night as we showed her the trailer on youtube, told her we would be going into a very dark and cold place to watch the cartoon with Panda on a VERY BIG television, and she has to be quiet in the cinema. There was a 10.30am show at GV Jurong Point today. We reckon that this was one of the better timings to bring a toddler into the cinema. So off we went to Jurong Point via MRT!


We reached there an hour early so we had breakfast at kopitiam while waiting for the ticket kiosk to open. Believe me, the tea at all Kopitiam outlets tastes like long-kow water. It is THAT bad.
Jaimie need not purchase a ticket as she is not 90cm yet. Hoho! That saved mama a $8.50 ticket!

I brought small treats and her pacifier with me. She was very excited about the "BIG TV". The commercials were 25mins long and Jaimie was enjoying herself. When they showed the trailer to Madagascar 2, the dancing queen couldn't help it but got off her seat to dance with the rythem. She really loves to Move it Move it! I was telling Wolfgirl and Ezrababy I wasn't sure how long Jaimie would be able to sit still in the cinema. To my pleasant surprise, she didn't talk much throughout the movie except asking for the lemon sweets softly. She watched about 2/3 of the movie and then she started to fidget, showing signs of restlessness. I gave her her pacifier and she blissfully lie on me to continue watching the movie.

Clement and I were very pleased with her and we were very happy that we could enjoy this hilarious movie with Jaimie! Here's Jaimie demonstrating some Kung Fu moves. Don't mess with her. She knows Kung Fu.



5 voices:

Anonymous said...

I like her moves *wink*

you know, I still can't convince myself to bring my boys to the movie. I seriously think they will not sit still and you know how linked-up the seats are....so if they move, the Whole Row moves, and I'll be getting lots of killer-stares from other patrons!

wolfgirl said...

wow.....looks like she learned some stunts from the movie.. (everybody loves kungfu fighting..hoo ha)

she must have enjoyed herself very much!

Little Impala said...

Wow... Jaimie and her KungFu moves! So cute!!!

Aces Family said...

hi angelcow,

yeah, i think we parents always worried this & that, the child will prove otherwise..hee :)

Oh..wat a coincidence, we watched the movie on the same day..haha

cheers,
astee

Joyce Long said...

Applause that Jae enjoyed the Kungfu show.