Sunday, August 30
This is the day we have marked down on our calender since the beginning of the year.
If there is only one day we look forward to in 2009, it is 29 August 2009. For our favourite band, MayDay, would be holding their concert in the Singapore Indoor Stadium on this very day.
This day was extra extra special to me as I finally made my way to present them with my books after their concert. (picture with Mayday will have to wait as I was not allowed to take photo with my personal camera) I spent the afternoon packing the books and sewing the ribbons with trembling hands.
I was nearer and nearer to fulfulling my dream!!
This year, we didn't call Idy and Irwin to arrange for a meetup but guess what? We met one another at the stadium entrance!
I was very excited and nervous!!
I must take a picture with my MayDay comrade, YH.
Waiting anxiously for the concert to start and soaking in the atmosphere.
Let the concert begin!!! And let the pictures tell you how FABULOUS was the concert!!!
It was a night of great songs, spectacular lighting effects, good old friendship, funny jokes and DAMN GOOD PERFORMACE!
The concert ended at 0015hr. The spirit was high and we could not have enough of them!!
See you again in 2010, MayDay!!
Saturday, August 29
- Angie has received several email orders for her book. Thanks for your support! If you have read it, do leave your comments here. She'd be most happy to hear from you about your thoughts and views on her maiden publication~
- Catch Angie on the <早安你好> next Tuesday (1 Sep 09) when she'd be appearing on the programme to talk about her book. The segment has been scheduled to be screened at 0810hrs. So do tune in to Mediacorp Channel 8 at that time!
- Grab a copy of My Paper on 1 Sep 09! There'd be an aritcle published in there on "便当前面的故事". We were told the coverage is going to be quite extensive, so we're naturally very excited about this. Watch out for it!
- Diana has posted a wonderful review of the book (she calls it her 阅读报告! Ha!) up on her blog. Thanks, Diana! Read her book review here.
- Having fullfilled the first portion of her dream, Angie proceeded to fiercely pursue the second portion of that audacious dream - to personally hand-deliver this piece of work, the birth of which has been inspired in a big part by Mayday 五月天, to the members of the band themselves. We are exhilarated to announce that Angie is now all set to actually carry out this dream of hers. She'd be meeting up with Mayday tonight, right after attending their concert! More updates on this soon!
Updates @ 24 Aug 09
Those wishing to place orders (or autographed copies~) directly from the author may also do so by clicking here. To enjoy the special online discount, quote "kinigu" in your email subject.
If you have read this book and enjoyed it, help promote it by placing the hyperlink banner below in your blog!
<a href="http://kinigu.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-bento-stories.html" style="text-decoration: none;"><img height="200" src="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_54PCD0rYLJs/SpK6Z3X4BbI/AAAAAAAACD8/tAjYtJN1VRs/s200/book_cover.jpg" width="168" style="text-decoration: underline;" /></a>
Tuesday, August 25
Yes. I made 5 sets today. Not all of them are identical, though, due to the constraint of the size of the boxes, insufficiency of broccoli in my fridge, too much rice and too few inari etc.
The brown balls on the top right hand corner of this bento picture is chicken popcorns. They are available in the frozen section of super marts. You may deep fry them, microwave them or bake them. I chose to bake. Oh~~ so delicious~~!!
Monday, August 24
Jaimie took a picture with the roaring dinosaur. She wasn't yawning. She was just pretending to be afraid by covering her mouth so that her daddy can capture some pictures to send to National Geographic.
The girls were enjoying themselves trememdously in the Science Centre. The 2 engineers were very excited and felt so at home in the Science Centre that they tried to explain what they saw to the toddlers, who paid no attention, of course. I tried to be inquisitive and asked Clement what's the rule/ theory/ law behind all these moving objects. Unfortunately, I seriously could not understand a single thing.
Shelley, who is a science teacher, brought the girls to see chicken hatching in the incubator! Oh... these little chicks are soooooo cute! But I still like to eat chicken. Sorry.
This is really cool. You write a message to mother earth on an electronic board, smile at the webcam and your message will be projected to the wall!